Monday, November 15, 2010

Update on The Miracles of the Past Week

Well, it's been a little over a week since the kids and I got back to Cody. I'll admit that the first few days were very hard for me. I really missed my mommy :( and I guess my daddy too. Anyway, when we got home we went straight back to co-existing with Jame's parents. Fortunately, we don't have to much longer. Don't get me wrong we love each other, we just love each other more in seperate dwellings. Last Monday, Jame and I looked at a little house up the Southfork that he had looked at previously and had kind of liked. However, when he took me up there, i found that it was uninhabitable. The set up of the place was weird and the bedrooms were small, it just wasn't a right fit and it didn't feel right. On top of that, as soon as I walked into the man's greenhouse I was greeted by an Oleander tree. The kids know from their experience in California to stay away from them, but I didn't want to take any chances of them not listening and having to go to the doctor. So, we decided not to take that place. The next week I spent calling places and organizing visits to different places. Finally, we have found the perfect place for our family. It reminds me a lot of our apartment that we loved in Laramie. It has 3 bedrooms and a lot of extra space. Most importantly, it's the right price. So that is one miracle that we have recieved. The next came in the form of Jame's job. He LOVES it!!! He really sees a future there and most importantly he's not stressed out and he's happy. He likes the work environment and his co-workers. There is a young couple in our ward that lives below us in this new apartment, and the husband works as a chemist out at Cody Labs. He informed Jame that they are going to begin hiring more chemists in the next few months and that he should put himself in for consideration because he has had many science and chemistry courses. The job in itself is a miracle, but the potential for growth there is an even greater blessing. Finally, the kids and I went to the doctor this week and everyone is healthy. I was a little concerned about the baby because when I was in California I had contracted a urinary tract infection, but all signs of infection are gone and I have a clean bill of health. We are so very grateful for all that we have been given and all of those who have helped and supported us. It means so much to us to say that we have passsed through this trial and are now ready to move on. We have found that as we remain faithful we are given the strength that we need, and although sometimes it is hard to remain faithful, the end result is more than worth it.
Here are a few thoughts on gratitude from those more inspired than myself:
"Gracias, danke, merci whatever language is spoken, 'thank you' frequently expressed will cheer your spirit, broaden your friendships, and lift your lives to a higher pathway as you journey toward perfection. There is a simplicity even a sincerity when 'thank you' is spoken."
--Thomas S. Monson
"This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth. Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice, and friends who help. "We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues."
--Thomas S. Monson
"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."
--Joseph B. Wirthlin

No comments:

Post a Comment