Saturday, August 6, 2011

It's Time For A Makeover!!

I know what you may be thinking, but if you follow my blog very closely you'll find that the makeover is for the blog, not for me, although if anyone is willing to put up the bucks to give me one, I won't put up much of a fight :) Just kidding! Anyway, I was getting a little bored with how the blog looked so I decided to do a little changing and rearranging. I think I'm happy with how it looks now, it took me a while and a few frustrations, but I figured it out. It's been a while since I messed around with my design.

Anyway, there are only 16 short days until I start school and 18 until Ashlyn starts. I am still waiting to hear about screenings for Breckin for Head Start and then I'll have a somewhat empty house for at least half of the day, 4 days a week. It'll only be me and Addy here. I'm thinking of how much I'll be able to accomplish and how clean my house will be. I'll also be able to do some baby-proofing hopefully because the girl is on the move! I like to start each school year with the best of intentions and a resolution to do my best, so far I've been able to achieve my goals. This semester is going to pose a challenge because I'm taking my first real psychology courses, which ought to be interesting. I hope that Ashlyn has the same resolve as her mother and even more follow through. I am so excited for her to start school and learn all of the things that she can. I am also excited for Breckin to start preschool because he needs the social interaction. The boy also needs to learn how to clean up on his own!! With just me and Addy at home, I'm looking into working for maybe half of the day at the Yellowstone Behavioral Center. It would get me foot in the door to later become a psychologist and therapist, so I figure that now is the time to start, and it's only for 4 hours a day, so I'll still have the time I need to be a mommy and a wife. Sometimes I put too much on my plate, but I think that I know my limitations pretty well, and if I'm not busy, I get bored and then I get into trouble :)

Another thing that I've decided to makeover, is the Life List that I started. It's not so much of a makeover as a few additions. I don't know if I posted the original on here yet, but as I look back, I can't find it, so here is the updated and revised edition.

1. Read the following books: The Articles of Faith, Jesus the Christ, The Miracle of Forgiveness, Mormon Doctrine, Our Search for Happiness, A Marvelous Work and A Wonder

2. Take a cruise with the Hubby

3. Graduate with a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree

4. Learn how to sew

5. Learn how to grow, can and preserve my own food

6. Get in shape!

7. Go skydiving, para sailing, bungee jumping and river rafting. What can I say, I have a need for an adrenaline rush :)

8. Compete in a triathlon

9. Open my own cupcake store

10. Grow my hair out long

11. Blog at least twice a week for a year

12. Have my own organic farm

13. Write and publish my children's book

14. Compete in a pageant

15. Meet someone famous

16. Learn French, Spanish and Italian

17. Take a tour of Europe

18. Spend New Year's Eve in Times Square

19. Go horseback riding on the beach

20. Learn ballet

21. Visit every temple in the United States-so far we have: Denver CO, Billings MT, Newport Beach CA and San Diego CA

22. Document the kids growing up better

23. Climb a mountain

24. Spend an entire summer in the Hampton's

25. Go to New England to see the leaves change in the fall

26. Read every Jane Austen book

27. Read the Book of Mormon in a day

28. Learn to shoot a rifle

29. Get paid to do what I love

30. Own my dream house

31. Help make someone's dream come true

32. Coach my kids in a sport

33. Serve a Church mission with my husband

34. Host a holiday meal at my house

35. Give my husband the best surprise he could imagine

36. Complete the Personal Progress program, Duty to God program and memorize the Scripture Mastery scriptures

37. Host a craft retreat

38. Watch my kids live Happily Ever After

39. Win a contest

40. Throw a monthly dinner party

41. Start my own catering and party planning business

42. Compete in the New York marathon

43. Walk on the Great Wall of China

44. Visit South Africa

45. Go to Wicked with my kids *This is tentatively planned for next summer in Sacramento

46. Go to Disneyland and Disney World

47. Re-decorate my house

48. Learn sign language

49. Anonymously pay for someone else's groceries

50. Attend a spin class

Well, there is the list so far. If you have any suggestions of additions that you think I should make feel free to comment on it. I hope that I can achieve all of these things and more in my lifetime. I also hope that you all like the makeover, now it's time to makeover my life!! More on that later, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment