Friday, September 17, 2010

Faith in the Face of Adversity

So today has been a challenge. After you think that everything is finally beginning to go right, it all seems to fall apart. Jame was poised to get his job back with the Powell Police Department, but due to circumstances beyond his control, he wasn't able to get his job back. The fear of the unknown is a very scary thing. We aren't sure what we are going to do now, but I have remembered what many church leaders have stated that where there is fear, there can not be faith.
"Fear and faith cannot coexist in our hearts at the same time." Neil L. Anderson. So, I am choosing to replace the fear of the unknown, with the faith that Heavenly Father has a bigger and better plan for us. Jame's patriarchal blessing is very specific about his faith and how it will influence the work that he does and the education that he receives. Now we are praying that this might be our Abrahamic Trial, and that after this things will begin to move upward. This is all I can do now. I believe in my husband and in his abilities and I know that if he can overcome his own personal struggles, that he will be able to become a greater man than he could have ever imagined. I can only live in hope and faith and "cast out all fear."

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said. Thoughts and prayers are with you guys. Rowena

    ReplyDelete