Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What happened to summer?!?!

Okay, this is really sad. I know that I said that I would try to do better this summer in staying up to date on my blog, but it just didn't happen. I don't know what went wrong. Perhaps we were just too busy having fun to pay devotion to the blog. Oh, well. Now school has started and it's time tp get back into the swing of things. Ashlyn and Breckin are both in school all day long. This is great because it gives their mommy a much needed break and it's easier to manage 2 kids than 4. I am going to school and I have 13 credit hours this semester. That's the most that I've taken since I had kids. Many of you might say that it doesn't seem like much, but keep in mind that I have 5 credit Methods class that I HAVE to have to graduate. There is a lot of reading involved and a lot of projects, so that will probably consume whatever amount of "free" time that I have. Jame is working for a private security group that guards and maintains the safety out at CertainTeed. He works mostly at night and sleeps most of the day, however he does get to see the little ones every once in a while. Ashlyn spent her summer writing back and forth to her friend Anna who lives in California. She is actually the daughter of a woman that I was friends with in Texas and just happened to run in to while we were visiting my family one time. She really enjoys having a pen pal. We also spent a good part of the summer reading for the library's summer reading program. Ashlyn, who is the luckiest person that I know, won a month membership to a MMA organization, it has since gone out of business, so she didn't get to use her prize but once. Breckin spent his summer reading and playing with his toys. That is his favorite thing to do. He spends more time doing that than anything else. He also learned how to use the computers at the library so he can play games there now. This is good for some of his fine motor issues that he has. He has inherited his father's tremor and his hands shake slightly when he is concentrating on fine motor skills. Using the mouse and the arrow buttons have helped him a great deal over the summer. Breckin is having a birthday next week and is very excited about it. He's going to have some friends over to play the Wii, also his favorite thing to do. Addy is busy driving her mother crazy. Anything the girl can get into, she does. Any button of mommy's that she can push, she does. However, I was helping her up the stairs the other day and I was filled with such unconditional love for her that I couldn't believe it. She may not be my best behaved girl, but she is very loved in spite of that. Addy is also missing her brother and sister while they are at school, so she gets to help me work on a few projects while they are gone. Ava is growing like crazy. I think that here pretty soon she will have more hair than Addy. She rolls around to get where she wants to be and she is working on getting her self up on to all fours. She is a very happy baby and brings a lot of joy to my life. She always greets me with a smile and some cooing first thing in the morning. It is the best way to get up! She is going to keep her blue eyes, and I'm hoping that her hair stays the brown that it is right now. That's what I wanted to begin with! All in all, we are doing well. We are facing some tough trials, but we have faith that we will continue to grow in love as a family and that we will continue to follow Heavenly Father's plan for our lives. We believe that everything happens for a reason, even the bad things. We trust that Heavenly Father knows the end from the beginnning and that he holds each of us in his hands with great care. We've been living by a quote from President Hinckley: "Keep trying, Be believing, Be happy, Don't get discouraged, Things will work out." Tara :)

No comments:

Post a Comment