Friday, March 18, 2011

A Few Life Changes

So, for those of you that don't know me terribly well, I'll give you the run-down. I have to be going a million miles an hour or I get idle and bored. That's simply how it is. The only time that I can actually justify relaxing is when I'm pregnant, other than that I have to be constantly on the go. I don't feel badly about it because my kids and my husband have learned to tolerate it and even try to keep up with me. So in the spirit of moving fast I have decided to make a few life changes.

I've been thinking about changing my college major for a long time. I love children and I love being around them and the fact that I would have time off in the summer and on the holidays would be nice. However, the more education classes thst I take the more I have realized that I don't agree with the policies that are in place and I don't know if I could handle the politics that are involved in teaching in a small community. So I have decided to change my major to psychology and I plan on getting my master's degree in early childhood mental health. After the work that I have done in the daycares that I have worked in I have learned that early intervention is key to a child's success in life and I want to be able to be an important part of that intervention.

The next change that I want to make is really getting more in tune with myself on a spiritiual level. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is not an easy task, but has always been worth it for me. I hope to be able to devote myself more fully to serving in the church and learning what I can about what I believe. I know what I believe, but there are still somethings that I don't fully understand. I know that somethings aren't meant to be learned in this life, but I hope that I can learn as much as is requisite for me so that I can be a better example to my children. I also want to be able to become more devoted to my scripture study and prayers everyday. I know that in making this committment, Satan may try to deter my success because he doesn't want me to be happy, but I hope to be able to overcome the obstacles that come my way and move forward in faith. I also know that by recommitting myself spiritually, I will become a better wife and mother.

Finally, I have decided that I want to run across America, hypothetically speaking. From Los Angeles, California to New York, New York it is 2444.44 miles. I hope that before the first of this year I will be able to complete that mileage. It's not going to be easy. I used to be a runner and I enjoyed it because it was a stress relief, but I hope to be able to post my stats every week so that you can all know where in America I'm at. I also want to get prepared for the 5K that I'm putting on this June for my cousin's daughter who just recieved a liver transplant and is still going through chemotherapy and radiation. I'm giving myself until January to finish so hopefully in the next, 10 months I'll be able to accomplish what I set out to do.

So, here are just a few things I'm working on this year and throughout my life. I'm excited to get started and to get to work on what I want to do. Maybe I'll even go out for a run when Jame gets home tonight. Untill then, I'll keep everyone updated on my status.

No comments:

Post a Comment