Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Is In The Air!!

Okay, for those of you who don't know, or who haven't figured it out yet. Fall is my FAVORITE season. I love the colors, the smells, Halloween, Thanksgiving, all of it!!! This fall we've already started having fun. This weekend was Cody High School's homecoming, so we went down the street and walked down to the parade. It was fairly un-eventful, nothing like the 4th of July, however I liked it that way. Here is Addy showing her school spirit.
We also have been spending some time antiquing. I don't know if I have inherited it from my Grandma Cyphers or if Sean had something to do with it, but Cedar, Annie and I took a day last week and tried to go to the antique stores in Cody. We made it to all but one and I found some pretty nice treasures to take home with me :) I could have taken home all of this as well.
On Sunday, Ned and Lynette took the 4 littles so that I could have some peace and quiet for once during church. We had a special stake conference and Elder Cook from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came to talk to us. This conference really focused on the sacredness and importance of the family. They spoke about the influence of parents and our responsiblities to our children. I would say that grandparents are pretty important as well :) They also spoke about increasing our faith and sanctifying our marriages. Everything that was said was what I needed to hear. It has been a rough 6 months or so, but I know that it will get better. We only have to have faith that it will. I have to say that I am so grateful for my calling as a mother and that I am able to be with my little children everyday. It has been hard and pretty tight for our little family, but I know that this is right. I couldn't imagine a day without one of these precious little faces. They mean so much to me. It is such a great blessing to be a parent. It is the only time that you really have any kind of idea how our Heavenly Father feels about us. Well, I suppose it's time to continue with the fall merriment. I hope your fall is going along just as nicely.

1 comment: