Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Day Activities

So, to prevent boredom, I've been trying to keep myself busy with projects that I would otherwise not get done during the school year and projects that I want to learn. I also have three books with me that I haven't had the time to read. Yesterday, my sister-in-law and I baked some peanut blossom cookies and made and frosted some sugar cookies. There were a few complications along the way, but all in all our cookies were a success. I absolutely love buttercream icing. Today, however, I am going to make some bows. My friend Jeffy has a post on her daughter's blog that shows you how to make the Gymboree bows for a fraction of the price that you pay for them. Thanks Jeffy for your ideas. I'm also going to try to make some paperbag scrapbooks that I learned how to do at a Fabulous Friday we had for our ward. They are so cute and I thought that maybe Ashlyn and Breckin would like to have a fun book of pictures of themselves. I might also get some gospel pictures off of the internet and make a book about that. I have so many ideas right now and I just need the motivation to do them instead of watch a movie with the kids. Of course not everything is going to get done today, I still have 10 more days of vacation, so I should probably stretch it out some. Merry Christmas Eve everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment