Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Trials of Life

This morning I woke up bright and early ready to have a great day at the Billings, Montana Temple. I was able to spend 4 hours in the House of the Lord, and it was great. I learned alot about what I need to start doing, what I need to do better and what I need to know about myself and the course that I am on. One scripture that really stuck out to me this time was Isaiah 1:19, "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:" This was quiet the reprimand to me from our Heavenly Father. I need to be more obedient, more willing to learn from Him and more willing to be obedient to the commandments. All areas in which I seem to always fall short. I wish that I could just excuse myself with my being mortal, but that excuse doesn't cut it all of the time. I need to be better. I know I do. Anyway, after a perfect day in the temple, at around 5:00 Ned got home and said that he was headed out to get Jame out at Yellowtail because the Suburban had broken down. Well, now I trust the Lord to help us. I need to learn that too, trusting the Lord because everything is in His hands. That's hard for me, being the control freak that I am :) There will be more on the outcome of the story as it develops, but one thing that I have learned from this evenings events are: Trust the Lord, he knows better than I do what I need right now, Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it, and it could have been a whole lot worse, he could have been stuck in Shoshoni.

No comments:

Post a Comment