Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Met My New Neighbors-Shine Project

So, I am a part of this great movement called The Shine Project. It was created by this amazing woman named Ashley. Each week she encourages you to do something that will help make the world that we live in a better place and then you are given the assignment to talk about what you have done on your blog. Well, last week I was able to give my sister-in-law some old running shoes that I had that she needed. I was grateful for the opportunity to not only clean out my closet, but to also give something I didn't need to some one who did. Anyway, this week were given the task to look back at some of the challenges and re-visit one of them. This morning, I noticed that there was movement in the apartment next to us and I was curious as to what was going on, but by the time I got myself together and decent enough to look out the noise had stopped, so I piled the kids in the car and got some errands done. When I came back, the U-Haul was back and two women were packing things up the stairs and into the apartment next door. I went ahead and introduced myself to the younger of the two women, whose name escapes me right now, but I'm sure I'll remember it at 2 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep :) Anyway, she asked if my husband was home and I told her that he was sleeping because he's been working nights. She asked if maybe when he got up, if he might be able to help them move their couch up the stairs because it's a little awkward moving it. I told her that I would relay the message on to him and that I'm sure he would be happy to help. Well, he WAS happy to help, but he wasn't happy to have to wake up already (I didn't wake him up THAT early!) Anyway, I later invited her to do Zumba with me sometime if she wanted to and she seemed really interested. I'm glad that I was able to reach out to someone that I know really needed help, and I was overjoyed to make another friend. What a great challenge for me to be able to complete!!

1 comment: