Friday, April 22, 2011

Thinking About Easter



When Ashlyn was 3 years old and in daycare in Laramie she walked into her preschool room the Friday before Easter weekend and informed her teacher that she knows why we have Easter. She told her that we have Easter because "that's when Jesus was resurrected." Even though she didn't know what resurrected meant, she did know that it was a holiday when we thought about Jesus and what He did for us. This Easter I want our family to focus more on the Savior than bunnies and baskets. I think that in the world of excess that we live in, it's hard to keep the spiritual things in perspective sometimes. I know that I am guilty of it. However, I have new resolve and I want to be able to celebrate the Savior and his atoning sacrifice for me and you. I encourage you to learn about the days that preceded the Savior's death. What did he do? How was he feeling? Think about these and study His last days on this earth. I know that last year in my Institute class we did this and it was AMAZING. I was able to learn so much and love my Savior even more. I hope that you will join me in forgetting the world and remembering Christ this Easter! We will all be better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment