Saturday, April 16, 2011

Selling Cupcakes and Making Dreams Come True :)

So, I know that the title of this post can be a little deceiving, but I made my own dream come true :) and maybe I put a smile on a few faces too. If you don't know already, I was at the Mountain Marketplace that was held here on Saturday. Addy and I were there from 8 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon and she was such a well behaved, sweet baby. I sold a bunch of cupcakes and made some really great contacts, hey I had to refill my business card holder twice! Anyway, I got to thinking about some of the things I want to do before I die while I was sitting there at 9 in the morning without any customers wanting that much sugar at the early hour. These are a few that I came up with...

1. Run across America- I'm trying that hypothetically on the treadmill at the Rec Center and I have given myself a year to make my goal.

2. Own my own cupcake shop- Of course everything there will be pink too :)

3. Go to all of the temples in the United States- Jame and I share this dream

4. Own my dream home- I told Jame the other day that he can have his dream man cave if I can have my dream craft room.

5. Participate in a triathlon

6. Be in Times Square on New Year's Eve

7. Get a college degree- Technically I have an Associates degree, but I've decided to change my major, so I might have a little bit longer before I obtain the illusive Bachelor's degree.

8. Go on a safari- Of course I don't want to get too close to those lions, and tigers, and bears, OH MY!!

9. Read: Jesus The Christ, Lectures on Faith, Miracle of Forgiveness, A Marvelous Work and A Wonder, and other great books by Church leaders- I have to say that if I could have it I would send Jame and the kids away and I would sit and read the ENTIRE time that they are gone! I rarely get to sit and enjoy a good book anymore with being interrupted by something, oh well, I'm happy to have the family that I do!

10. Go snorkeling- I just want to see all those pretty fish, the eels and the yucky things can stay away!

11. Live in a foreign country- I prefer it to not be France, but I might have to settle for Canada, it's foreign enough right?

12. Climb a really tall mountain- So, I was watching the Disney Channel with the kids and there was a special commercial that they had on about this kid that started climbing the top summits in the world with his dad when he was like 10. I figured that if he can do something like that, what's stopping me?

13. Meet Mickey Mouse- Hopefully this goal will be fulfilled in the Near future. Shhhh don't tell anyone :)

14. Meet somebody famous- I met Hillary Clinton, but she doesn't count because I don't like her. Jame met Robert Duvall at the Cody Night Rodeo, but I was too shy to say anything. I want to meet someone like Tina Fey, Jimmy Fallon, Steve Carrell, Rainn Wilson, somebody funny!

15. Sit on the 50-yard line at a Denver Broncos game-Of course I couldn't do this without my family with me. I think that my dad might kill me if I did, I know that my mom would :) It would be so much fun to share this experience with them.

So there are just a few things that I want to do before I die, hopefully I live a good 50 plus years so that I can see some of these fulfilled. Now, I want you to share with me some of the things that you want to do, see, experience, have, etc. before you die. Get inspired, think about the future, and stay positive about what lies in store for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment