Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!!

For Jame and I it was never a question of if we were going to have children, it was when. It just so happened that the "when" occurred just a year and a half after we were married. With three children now, I have spent 27 months pregnant, that's 2 years and 3 months, 820 days, 19,680 hours, 1.180,800 minutes and I wouldn't trade that time for anything. My children bring me so much joy, along with the occasional annoyance. They are such special individuals and I feel so grateful that Heavenly Father chose to give me such choice blessings. Here they are if you want to get to know them better:



Ashlyn: Also known as "Monkey". She is just like her mommy, bossy and stubborn. She is also very sweet and loving as well as intelligent and obedient. I am so excited to see what she decides to be when she grows up because I know that whatever it is she will be the BEST!!




Breckin: Also known as "Brecky". He is also like is mommy in his stubbornness, but like his daddy in that he is quick to forgive and forget. He has the best imagination and loves to play pretend with his sister. He says the funniest things and is very friendly. I have a feeling that he's going to be an incredible athlete just like his grandpa and Uncle Sean because he has great hand-eye coordination.



Addy: Also known as "Addy-Paddy". She is a mommy's girl. She frequently sticks her bottom lip out if someone other than her mother is holding her. She's so happy and sweet. She's also very loving. Her newest trick is to roll over and she's working on perfecting it. She's my baby and I love her. She smells so good and is a GREAT cuddler.

So, this is why I do it. This is why I have sacrificed my body, time and in some cases my sanity. This is why I wake up at 3 am after finally falling asleep at 11 pm and then wake up again for the day at 6 am. This is why I have postponed my dreams of travel, career and leisure time. No matter what I have sacrificed, I wouldn't change my life for anything. My children have made me into the person that I have become and the person that I want to be someday. They have taught me the greatest lesson about charity and the pure love of Christ that I could ever learn. I know how our Heavenly Father feels about us because I have been fortunate enough to have children of my own. I love being a mother, not just today, but everyday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment