Wednesday, May 4, 2011

To My Mommy, On Her Birthday

Okay, first off, I know it's not your birthday yet, but I don't know if I'm going to have time for more than a phone call tomorrow, so here is a little birthday present for you.

We were in Heaven and loved each other and belonged to each other before we ever came to this earth and I have to say that I am so grateful that I was fortunate enough to belong to you. Without you there would be no me, and as we all know, I'm fabulous :)

You gave your time to me when you stayed up with me at night when I was scared, when you came to my sporting events or choir recitals and supported me regardless of the distance, when you spent time cooking, cleaning, and creating so that we had a home and not just a house, when you comforted me when I was suffering and broken-hearted, when you worked to provide our family with the comfortable things in life, when you ran around like a crazy person to the various activities of two busy kids so that we knew you were there, when you put yourself last and others first.

You gave your talents to me when you created some questionable outfits the evidence of which will never see the light of day, and you know what I'm talking about, when you coached my softball team and put me in my place one afternoon for swearing, when you first taught me how to make my own house a home, when you gave me encouragement and advice for raising my own children,

Mommy, you will ALWAYS be my closest friend, my greatest confidant and my heroine. you are always there when I need a shoulder to cry on, even if you are all the way in California, when I need a good laugh, because we all know that driving you crazy gets the biggest laughs, and when I need support and unconditional love.

For your birthday I would wish that all of your dreams would come true and that you could have every good thing that life can offer. I love you, Mommy, and I am truly grateful to my Heavenly Father every day that he gave me you for MY Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment