Saturday, May 14, 2011

On This Day 7 Years Ago


On this day, 7 years ago, I married my best friend. Jame and I are so different from each other, but some how we make it work. There is a lot of laughter and playful teasing in our relationship, which I feel has made it a lot more fun for us. We have grown to understand each other better than I though we could. He understands my need for busyness and excitement in my life and I understand his need for peace and calm. I understand his need for life outdoors and what it means to him and he understands my need for hustle and bustle and the excitement of a city's energy. I understand his affinity for hunting, fishing, guns and The Discovery Channel and he understands my affinity for shopping, cleaning, reading and my intese of love of all things pink, he even got me a pink iPod for Valentine's Day one year.

I am so grateful to have Jame in my life. He is my best friend and the person that I go to when I am upset about myself or frustrated with my life. We have been through some intese trials in our short marriage, but we have also been given so many blessings. Jame is the person that has paced the halls of the Powell Hospital while I was in labor. He is the one that takes care of our kids while I go take a swim, he is the one that makes me feel beautiful even when I'm in my jammies and my hair is all messed up. He is the best daddy to my kids, he gets up with Ashlyn when she is having a bad dream, he takes Breckin camping with him and he takes care of Addy while I try to relax and take a much needed bath. He sacrifices his time and sometimes his sanity to provide for our family. Finally, he loves me when I sometimes feel the least lovable. I have to say that he's the BEST!! I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father put us together and provided a way for us to be together for time and all eternity.

On this day, 7 years ago, I married, my best friend and I couldn't imagine life without him or the family that we have made together.

No comments:

Post a Comment