Thursday, May 19, 2011

What I Learned This Week

Hey everybody, if you don't know about the Shine Project yet, you should really check it out, it is awesome. This week we were given the challenge to learn something new that we have always wanted to learn this week. There are so many things that I want to learn. I feel like I'm going to be in school forever because I want to learn so much. I did challenge myself this week and I tried to teach myself how to sew.

I won't post any pictures now, but I'll try on Sunday when I actually wear the skirt that I made. I had to have Jame help me with some of the technicalities which I really appreciated. He also watched the kids while I worked on my project. Two hours later I had my own homemade masterpiece. I hope to be able to make more and get a little more complex. I also have BIG plans for re-fashioning some of my kids' clothes so that I don't have to buy a whole new summer wardrobe for them. As I said before, there are many other things that I want to learn in my life so here's
THE LIST:

-scuba dive
-bake a souffle
-rock climb and repel
-garden
-live green
-knit and crochet, I technically know how to crochet, but I would like to be able to do it better
-run a marathon
-shoot a gun, I actually plan on doing this over the summer when I do a Trash The Dress photo shoot
-photography
-make jewelry
-French, Spanish and Italian
-ballet, I already took a semester of ballet, but I would love to do more
-use a Silhouetee and Cricut
-make my own furniture

This is quite the list and there are probably more things that I haven't thought of yet or that I have forgotten, but for now this will do. I really wish that I could find a ballet class for myself, but for now I will have to live vicariously through Ashlyn who will start ballet in the fall. I also can't wait to do my Trash The Dress photo shoot because I only spent $57 on my dress and I would love to be able to wear it again, just for fun. For the past week, my brain has been on autopilot, after all of the school work and papers that I had to do, but now I'm ready for more stimulation. I hope that you will all challenge yourselves to learn something that you have always wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment