Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Summer Plans


So since the past 10 months have kept me so busy I have some BIG summer plans. We have had a really challenging year. The kids and I were in California with my parents for 10 weeks and then we had Addy in January and another semester of school started 3 days after she made her appearance in this world. Then there was the launch of the Cody Cupcake Company. I also have some cleaning and window washing work that I've been doing the past couple to be of weeks, so I want to be able spend some time doing some things that I WANT to do! Here are some of my tentative plans: They are all subject to approval and cooperation of the management which would include a 5 year old, 3 year old and 4 month old.

*READ!! I have only been reading textbooks for the past 5 months and I am so anxious to get to read something that I actually want to read that I have already sold my textbooks back, just to get them FAR away from me.

*CRAFT!! I have found some awesome tutorials of things that I want to make for my kids, myself and others. I want to re-fashion some of the kids' clothes and I want to be able to make them some cute clothes too. I also want to make some cute stuff for their rooms and for our house, and finally I want to starting to hand stamp metal jewelry which I think is so beautiful and I would love to make a few personal pieces for my mom and mother-in-law.

*PLAY!! It is getting warmer here and we want to play outside! The kids and I all have tennis rackets and we have like 10 tennis balls around this house, so we have big plans to go out and play.

*RUN!! There are a few races around here and I plan on participating in at least one of them. Hopefully I can have the time to train and get a hold of it.

*WORK!! I want to work a little bit so that I can save some money up for our trip to California in November and a little surprise that I have in store for 2 little kids and 1 big one!

*CAMP!! Now for those of you who know me very well, I am not an outdoors person. I have a serious fear of rattlesnakes and I think that they are going to sneak up on me and bite me, even though I know better. However, I was watching the TLC show Quints By Surprise the other day and they went camping with one 8 year old and 5 two year olds, so I figured if they can do it, Jame and I certainly can try at least, so we're going to try it.

So, all in all, I plan on making the most of the time I have this summer. I plan on enjoying myself and the company of my family as much as I can especially because Ashlyn is going to school this fall and that Breckin will be in preschool. So we're going to do as much as we can!

No comments:

Post a Comment