Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm Addicted!!




Okay...I have to admit it...I'm addicted to reading!!! I never thought that I would be again, but I am. When I was young, I remember sitting in my grandma's library downstairs with a pile of pillows, a blanket and a good book that I had searched for on her numerous shelves of books. I would stay down there for hours, neglecting my brother and his pleas to play with him. I would devour one book after another and in between I would wander upstairs for some Ramen Noodles or a PB&J sandwich. Otherwise, you wouldn't see me for the entire day. Well, it has started again. I spent the ENITRE weekend lost in stories. The first book that I read was A Stolen Life by Jaycee Duggard. It was a little graphic for me, but her optimistic attitude through her entire ordeal was remarkable. It was also so interesting to me how similar we were when we were young. We actually had a lot in common and I can remember reading her thoughts and thinking, "I felt the same way at that age." However, the events in her life and my life are drastically different! She still has hope though and that is remarkable given what she went through. After that bit of dramatic reading, I went on to read The Pioneer Woman by Ree Drummond. If you don't know who the Pioneer Woman is, you need to find out. She is so comical and interesting. The book is about the drastic changes that she made in her life so that she could be with her love. The way that she describes her husband makes me super envious!! I have a great husband, but her husband is pretty perfect!! It was a really good book and I found myself super entertained.
Even though I read a little over 600 pages over the course of the weekend, I still managed to clean the house a little bit, do the laundry, run some errands, get two papers done in addition to the other homework I had to do, and go to church. I did not have the time to make my fabric flowers or do some of the other crafts that I had planned on completing, but it was totally worth it. Now I have BIG plans to read Tim Tebow's book and Michael Oher's book. I don't know what's going on right now, but I'm really into biographies. I read the inside jackets of Tim Tebow's book and I was interested right away. I also have read a book by Leigh Ann Tuohy, Michael Oher's adopted mother, and I think that it would be interesting to hear the story from his side. That and The Blind Side is one of my favorite movies!! So, now I guess I'm off to the library to pick up some new books. Let's hope that I can fit in some homework into my busy reading schedule :)

Sources:
http://thenerdswife.com/2011/02/pioneer-woman-book-signing-dallas-texas.htmlis
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/jacketcopy/2011/07/dugard-a-stolen-life-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment