Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ten Day You Challenge



Okay, I know that it's kinda weird to hear from me two days in a row, but I think I'm trying anything productive to avoid doing the homework that I have looming in front of me. Anyway, I came across this little post on one of the blogs that I follow and I thought I would see how many of you were wanting to join in the fun. If you have your own blogs it would be fun for you to just leave a link to them in the comment box so that I can check them out, or you can just read and enjoy. The first challenge is sharing Ten Secrets. Here it goes:

10. I have never failed a class in my life, I have however gotten a D in my life. One was in Algebra 2 when I was a senior and it caused me to be ineligible for swimming for part of the season. I was LIVID!! I couldn't believe it. I just wasn't good at math and I hated it. I had a nice enough teacher, but I just didn't get what was going on. Now, however, math seems to come to me a lot easier. Who knew!?

9. I watch Jerseylicious and The Real Housewives of Orange County. I can do without the other Housewives, but Orange County is the original and it is my guilty pleasure.

8. I have been to see the Backstreet Boys twice and I have seen N'Sync once live in concert. I was such a boy crazy teenager and they were the perfect boys!! I would actually go and see the NKOTBSB tour now if I was able to :)

7. Speaking of being boy crazy, I would reconsider my marriage if I had a chance in the world with Tim Tebow or Bruno Mars! There is just something about the wholesomeness of Tim Tebow, not to mention he plays for the Denver Broncos! There is also something mysterious and appealing to me about Bruno Mars, and I LOVE his music.

6. I HATE mayonnaise!! It is disgusting. All I think of when I look at it or think of it is cellulite.

5. Sometimes I let things go by the wayside and I actually allow my house to become a HUGE mess! It kind of is right now. I desperately need to vacuum, dust, clean the bathroom and a number of other things.

4. I secretly wish that I could sew as well as my mother did and still does. I wish that she had taught me what sides are the right sides, what a basting stitch is, how to thread a sewing machine. It has been a whole lot more difficult to try to figure these things out on my own.

3. When I was young I wanted to be a gymnast and a ballerina. Maybe it was my inner girly girl fighting against my outward tomboy, but every time the Olympics would come around I would watch and then go out into the front yard and try to reenact what I had seen. I did hurt myself more than once and I knew that it was way too expensive for my parents to pay for lessons for me so I thought I might just teach myself. I am still no gymnast, but I did take a ballet class when I was in Laramie and I found it quite fun.

2. Before I have a serious conversation with someone I talk myself through it first. I often do this in the car by myself or with Addy falling asleep in the backseat. I find that I am much better prepared for the conversation when I do this. My mom talks to herself too, so I don't think I'm completely crazy...yet :)

1. I spend way too much money on books. I have all of these books I want to read and the best intentions of reading them, so I find them on Amazon, at the second-hand store, or on sale at Target or Wal-Mart and then I never touch them again. I have gotten better about checking the out from the library lately because I have talked myself through a purchase before I make it, but still it sometimes gets a little out of hand.

Well, there you have it friends, 10 secrets about me! I hope I can stay up with this and keep you updated on the other Challenges. I also hope that you will share your challenges with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment