Friday, January 27, 2012

Seven Wants!!!

I feel very fortunate that I really don't need for anything. My husband has a great job that provides for all of our needs and allows us to have some of the things that I want. Most of my wants are simply dreams that I hope to obtain one day. I learned from my parents that you take care of your kids needs and wants first and then you worry about your own. Seeing as we're about to outnumber the amount of my parents kids by two, we have a lot more wants around here. But if I was going to dream, and dream big. Here are the seven things that I want:

7. Opportunity. I hope that someday my kids can have all of the the opportunities that I had and more. When I was in high school I was given a myriad of opportunities.
My parents always made our needs and wants a high priority. I appreciate that about them. I was able to got to Washington D.C. twice, swim all year round, travel to swimming events, travel to Renaissance festivals, I went to three proms and I was able to focus on my studies and extracurricular activities. I hope that I can provide similar opportunities for my own kids.

6. My own home. I already know what it will look like and how I would want to decorate it. Although it is nice to be able to call someone to fix something that has broken and I don't have to pay for it. It would be nice to be able to decorate a home the way that I want to and paint walls the colors I want them. If I have to wait though, I would like to be able to have a bigger space for our kids because we are about to grow out of our small apartment here.

5. To be a positive example to my kids. As a mother, I feel the incredibly responsibility for how my children turn out. I know how profound my influence on them is and I have seen the fruits of it already. The other day when we were leaving to go to school Ashlyn mentioned that we had not said our prayers yet. We had gotten into such a routine of getting ready for school, saying our prayers and then going to school, however this morning we were running late and our daily prayers had simply been forgotten. I was grateful for the reminder from my daughter and so we said our prayers while driving to school. I hope that I can still have an positive influence on my children when I'm not around

4. A weekend away with my husband. The hubby works very hard. He usually puts in nine to ten hour days at work and then he comes home and entertains our children and helps me. I think he needs a break! I want this for him as much as myself. It would be nice to be able to have the means and the time to just be able to go away and spend time together and maybe get eight glorious hours of uninterrupted sleep :)

3. More time. I would love to be able to have more time to watch my kids grow up, spend time with my family, learn all that I can, read all of the books on my ever-growing list, play, craft, sleep, eat, etc. There just never seems to be enough of it. I would love to find a way to accumulate more, but there are only 24 hours in a day, so why not make the most of what I'm given?

2. A graduate degree. I know that I'm getting a little ahead of myself, but right now I would love to just be done with school and begin working. I hope that one day I can get my Master's degree in Special Education and I'm actually working on it right now, along with my Bachelor's degree. I just hope that someday I can have that little piece of paper with the recognition that I worked hard academically and now I am being rewarded. Hopefully, it won't be too long.

1. Happiness. I am happy about 90% of the time and that's not too bad. However, thanks in great part to my mother, I am a worrier. I would love to know what it feels like to not have to worry about anything. At least not the temporal, unimportant things. I suppose it is just a weakness that I am going to have to learn how to overcome. I look forward to the next life when I won't have this characteristic trait. Right now, however, I try to make the choice every day that no matter how the day turns out, I am going to be happy. Sometimes I wake up and stub my toe, or we start running late, but I don't have a whole lot of control over what happens to me. I do have control over how I react to it. I choose to be happy!!

*On a more materialistic note, here are some additional things I want:

-A pink Kitchenaid mixer
-A craft room
-The Pioneer Woman's two cookbooks
-An Iphone
-Some cute fabric to make flowers out of
-Mint Oreos
-The Willow Tree Angel Nativity set

*Just so you know, my birthday is in June :)

No comments:

Post a Comment